Seriously.
I suck at this. I can't keep up, which is sad, cuz most of the time I feel like I'm not doing much. The last week has been a blur. Mostly of pain.
I have a stomach/possible gallbladder problem. I don't know which, cuz the dr hasn't called me back. All I know is that it hurts like hell. I eat Tums like they're candy, and avoid meat. And the painkillers don't work. I'm asking for Vicodin when I go back. This pansy crap painkiller doesn't cut it at all. I might as well take Tylenol and a kiddie vitamin.
My thyroid is out of whack again, so I got a higher dosage of meds. YAY! not. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! actually. I don't want to be on meds at all. But, I like my body to run properly. Or at least I'd like to pretend it runs properly. So I take the damn hormones.
My cholesterol is going high, and my weight is up. Which I knew, cuz my jeans were getting tight again. The dr made a slightly veiled threat - cholesterol lowering meds are in my future if I don't get it together and lose weight and eat better. Why can't ice cream lower cholesterol? Seriously. Oatmeal really doesn't taste that good. At least I got a buttload of Quaker on sale a few weeks ago. That might last me the 3 months til my next blood draw.
So, That's where things stand. I'm in and out of the dr's lately, and that's not likely to change. I have 2 follow-ups, 2 weight checks, a Holter monitor to wear, a trip to Reno to see my eye specialist, and a dentist appt all within the next 3 months.
I hope all of you out there in cyber-land are doing better. And I really truly promise to come back on Tuesday and update you all with an at-home weight check and my before pics from 2 weeks ago. Stay tuned!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment